Hendricks County Assessor's Office
Department Mailing Address:
355 South Washington Street #201
Danville, IN 46122
Email Address: email@example.com
Phone Number: (317)745-9207
Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00a.m. - 4:00p.m.
Gail Brown, Assessor
Tina Stoutenour, Chief Deputy Assessor
IH-14 (Consent to Transfer)
Form 130 (Petition for Review of Assessment by Local Assessing Official)
Form 135 (Affidavit of Destroyed Property)
Form 136 (Application for Property Tax Exemption)
Indiana Department of Local Government Finance
State Form 46021 (Sales Disclosure Form Version V9)
Form 102 (Farmer's Tangible Personal Property Return)
Form 103-ERA (Schedule of Deduction from Assessed Valuation Personal Property in ERA)
Form 103-Long (Business Tangible Personal Property Return)
Form 103-Short (Business Tangible Personal Property Return)
Form 104 (Business Tangible Personal Property Form)
Form 106 (Schedule of Adjustments to Business Tangible Personal Property)
Rental Data Letter
USDA Aerial Info
The Hendricks County
Assessor's Office provides the following services:
- Property record cards upon request. If you need several, call ahead to save time.
- Process Consent to Transfers.
- Answer questions about your assessment.
The Primary Functions
of the Hendricks County Assessor's Office:
- Assessment of Real Property & Personal Property for the 12 townships.
- Real Estate and Personal Property Appeals.
- Calculate inheritance tax.
In general, the
Hendricks County Assessor performs the following duties:
- Oversees the General Reassessment process.
- Insures countywide uniform Property Assessment Equalization.
- Acts as the Inheritance Tax Appraiser and represents the Inheritance Tax Division.
- Discovers and identifies omitted property.
- Calculates the assessed value of all real property in each taxing district.
- Calculates the total assessed value of each taxing district.
- Certifies current Assessments to the County Auditor's Office.
- Utilizes recent sales of land (Sales Disclosures) to establish base market rates and values in each
neighborhood, adjusts base values for location, nearness to amenities and other influence factors.
- Is responsible for the selection of Assessment Software and Computer Systems.