Hendricks County Soil & Water Conservation District
Hendricks County Soil and Water Conservation District is a legal
subdivision of State government. It is cooperatively funded and staffed
through the USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service; the Indiana
State Department of Agriculture, Division of Soil Conservation; and
Hendricks County government. The mission of the District is:
“To help the citizens of Hendricks County manage, conserve and
enhance natural resources today for the benefit of tomorrow’s
generations through education, public information, leadership, technical
assistance and development of innovative programs.”
Department Mailing Address:
195 Meadow Drive #2
Danville, IN 46122
Phone Number: (317)745-2555 X 3
Office Hours: Monday - Friday,
8:00a.m. - 4:00p.m.
The Hendricks County
Purdue Extension provides the following services:
- Natural resource technical consultation to County and local planning authorities.
- Technical consultation and review of erosion control plans/storm-water pollution prevention plans for construction in compliance with Indiana's Rules 5 and 13.
- USDA agriculture conservation program technical assistance.
- Environmental/Conservation education.
- Aerial photograph archive.
- Hendricks County Soil Survey.
- Landowner information/advice on drainage, soil erosion and soil resources.