Mobile Home Title Transfer

Permits are required for all transfers and moving of mobile homes. If the mobile home is no longer owned by the person listed on the assessment notice, the owner must bring the mobile home title to the County Treasurer's Office and apply for a Mobile Home Title Transfer Permit. All property tax must be paid to obtain the permit including property taxes assessed to previous owners. It is vital that mobile home transfers be obtained to prevent the titled owner from being saddled with future taxes after ownership has transferred. Advising the County Assessor of the transfer will not transfer the assessment records to the new owner. The only way to accomplish this is to apply for a Title Transfer Permit through the County Treasurer's Office and complete the process through the Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles.  

Upon receipt of the Mobile Home Title Transfer from the County Treasurer's Office it must be taken along with the title to the Bureau of Motor Vehicles for the transfer of the title.

Contact Us

Treasurer's Office (more about this location/facility)
355 S Washington St
Mailbox 240
Danville, IN 46122
Get Directions

  • Phone: (317) 745-9220
  • Staff Directory
  • Office Hours:
    M - F 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.

Topics of Interest